For researchers unable to visit our library, our volunteer research team will do a limited search using available resources. Please note that we are not professional genealogists and cannot do your complete family history. However, we will do our best to search for information that will assist you in breaking through those brick walls.
Please be patient! A successful search depends entirely upon how accurately you are able to describe the search that you are requesting and the information that you already have. Remember that an unsuccessful search requires the same amount of time as a successful one.
We are a non-profit, volunteer organization and all fees go to expand our collection and maintain our library.
Fee Schedule:(all fees are payable in advance)
- $25.00 per hour for research on one name. This includes a scanned copy of the information found.
- $6.00 per article for the lookup of an announcement or article in the local newspaper at the Woodstock Public Library. Publication date must be provided otherwise hourly research fees apply. We will search 3 days prior and 7 days after the date that you provide.
- $5.00 per name for a lookup and scanned copy of an Ontario Vital Statistic (Birth, Marriage or Death record) relating to Oxford County.
- $5.00 for Cemetery transcripts for the 1st monument/page and $2.00 for each additional monument/page.
- $5.00 for a Will lookup plus $1.00 per page for a digital scanned copy. Request quote before ordering as there may be a lot of pages involved in an estate file. Index for Wills.
Requests for research and/or lookups should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] and will be answered in the sequence in which they are received.
If you wish to pay using PayPal, please be sure to include your e-mail address with your request and indicate that you wish to use this method of payment. Instructions will be sent to you by e-mail on how to complete the PayPal transaction. You do not require a PayPal account to use this service.